Have a favorite recipe you want to share? Email it to email@example.com
2 Cups crisp rice cereal
2 Cups regular rolled oats
½ Cup raisins
½ Cup hulled sunflower seeds
½ Cup roasted pumpkin seeds
½ Cup roasted soy nuts
½ Cup dry roasted peanuts
1 Cup chocolate chips or M&Ms
½ Cup packed brown sugar
½ Cup honey
Spray 13" by 9" pan with non-stick spray. In large bowl combine cereal, oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, soy nuts, and peanuts.
In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, honey and peanut butter. Cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until bubbly (beware will scorch easily). Remove from heat. Pour over cereal mixture, stir to combine, add chocolate chips, then stir until the batch is completely combined. Press into 13" by 9" pan, cool completely. Cut into 24 bars.
NOTE: If you find that the mixture is too dry then reduce the oatmeal and rice cereal to 1 ¾ Cups next time. I have substituted almonds for the soy nuts, peanuts or pumpkin seeds.
ADDITIONAL TIPS FROM DAVE DEHN:
* Put the chocolate chips in the freezer so they don't melt as much.
* I use fresh ground no salt added peanut butter from 'Rocky Peanut Company' at Detroit's Eastern Market. You can also buy Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, and other seed ingredients there.
* When measuring Honey, coat measuring cup and tablespoon with oil and honey will not stick at all!
* When heating Brown sugar, Peanut Butter, and Honey on stove be sure to stir constantly so it does not burn.
* Make sure that the pan is all ready oiled before you start heating the 3 ingredients on the stove. So you can quickly mix everything up and transfer it to the pan.