Here are the highlights from the FAST membership meeting. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the dues increase for non-Volunteer Members and the Member vs. Volunteer Member rates/qualifications. I will post all responses to the FAST Yahoo and Facebook sites.
1) Welcome and Sign-in, Cheryl Machovec Dehn
2) 2012 Dues Proposal 2 passed., Cheryl Machovec Dehn
- Proposal 2: Incentive for Increased involvement of club members. Honor System
- Single Volunteer = $20, Family Volunteer = $35
- NO dues increase for those who commit to volunteering for a major club function. (ILON Tri, Super Swim Meet, other TBD, and/or who lead a reoccurring workout or activity open to all club members. )
- At least 2 Family members must meet commitment to qualify for Family Volunteer status. Or,
- Single $30, Family = $50
- No commitment to volunteer at a major club function or to be a workout leader.
- Proposal would allow a member signing up to pick which category of membership they would sign up for. The Volunteer members would be contacted to help with Club Activities. Special recognition would be given to Volunteers at different points throughout the year.
- May not be able to fund additional coaching, but should increase participation and number of events for members to participate in.
- Proposal modified to include tracking of volunteers for 2012. Jaret Johnson will track volunteer status to see if people followed through on their commitment to the club.
3) 2012 Budget. Ken Gutowski, Treasurer
- Review, modify, and approve 2012 operating budget.
4) 2012 Elections, JD Birmelin, VP of Swimming
- There was 1 nomination for each officer position except VP of Marketing.
- All nominations were accepted. And all positions filled by acclamation.
- Katy Michalski agreed to return as VP of Marketing after the meeting and has filled that position via Presidential appointment. Your 2012 FAST Officers are:
- Katy Stark, President
- Jenny Birmelin, VP of Swimming
- Jaret Johnson, VP of Triathlon
- Carol Feldmann, VP of Cycling
- Katy Michaski, VP of Marketing
- Ken Gutowski, Treasurer
- Crista Kunkel, Secretary
- Lana Krolikowski, Webmaster
- Karen Rosinski, Librarian
- Cheryl Dehn, Newsletter
5) 2012 Club Party.
- Please email Cheryl (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to help plan or volunteer the night of the club party.
- Tentative Date: Saturday, January 21st.
- Need planners, donations for door prizes, volunteers for day of.
- Look for invitation in your email later this week!
6) 2012 Super Swim Meet, 2/5/12, JD Birmelin, VP of SwimmingEmail email@example.com to volunteer