Happy New Year FAST Members!
Lots of news!
0) Be a FAST Member in 2010.
If you have not joined FASTyet for 2010, now is the time. All paid members will have free access to 2nd Saturday Seminars (unless a separate site fee applies), a free FAST Polar water bottle for new members in 2010 (those who didn't get one in 2009), basic training plans set up for target 2010 races, and much more.
Join FAST at active.com
1) F.A.S.T. Holiday/Awards/Silver Anniversary party, Save the Date!
- Carl E Stitt American Legion Hall, 23850 Military Rd. Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48127
- Saturday, January 30th
- Adults $20, Children 5-12 $5, Under 5 Free.
- Reservation includes meal and beverages, and the opportunity to hang out with your fellow FAST Members and nationally syndicated cartoonist Jef Mallett.
- RSVP to pres@swimfasttrifast. More info to follow.
Don'ft forget to submit your photos for the club video/slide show!
We need your race/training photos and videos (if you have them) to make our
yearly FAST club video. Best way to get them to Ken Gutowski is via CD disk. Alternative ways include sending Ken the link to the site you have them posted or send them to via email as an attachment. (email@example.com)
2) Results from General Membership meeting.
-The Fall General Membership will be available on the FAST website.
-Highlights included the modification of the Bike Box rental policy, and the announcement of 2nd Saturday Seminars. These monthly seminars will be held for FAST members on or around the 2nd Saturday of every month starting in February.
- Elections of officers for 2010 were also held. I would like to thank all of those who have served FAST in 2009, those who accepted nominations to be an officer for FAST in 2010, and those who will serve as officers in 2010.
Your 2010 FAST Officers will be:
- Cheryl Machovec Dehn, President
- Jenny Birmelin, Vice President of Swimming
- Mia Byrne, Vice President of Triathlon
- Noah Birmelin, Newsletter Editor
- Karen Rosinski, Librarian
- Michael Mistak, Webmaster
- Lana Krolikowski, Secretary
- Ken Gutowski, Treasurer
- Katy Michalski, Vice President of Marketing
- Jon Logan, Vice President of Cycling
I would like to thank outgoing officers Jennifer Warstler, Cecilia Brzys, and Jaret Johnson for all of the energy and leadership each of them have and continue to contribute to FAST.
3) Help us keep our website up-to-date!
The updated website has a special section to list Member Accomplishments. These pages can only be as up-to-date as you help us make them. Please check out the pages, learn a little about fellow members and send updates to the address listed on each page!
4) Camping with the President, without the Secret Service
For the past several years, David and I have traveled 'Up-North' for the Inter Rockin' Triathlon at Interlochen State Park the weekend following the 4th of July. It coincides with the last weekend of the Cherry Festival. (i.e. Parade and Fireworks!) Campground reservations for the weekend open up soon. Free s'mores to all FAST members who stop by our campsite on Saturday night.
Have a safe and Happy New Year, and go FASTer in 2010!
Cheryl Machovec Dehn