The Annual Membership/Elections meeting is coming up FAST. There are lots of important items on the agenda and I hope that many of you can attend.
The meeting will be held after Saturday swim practice on December 3rd at Room 100 of the PE Building at Schoolcraft College . There will be a raffle at the end of the meeting for 2 - $50 gift cards. All 2011 club members in attendance are eligible to enter the raffle. Must be present to attend.
Available for pick-up:
- 2011 Red FAST T-shirts (if you haven't already got yours),
- 2012 Entertainment books ($25).
Collecting: Donations for the Urban Swim Initiative (See below for details.)
- 2012 Dues.
- We have a proposal to raise the dues for each single membership and family membership by $10 and $20 respectively. This dues increase would cover additional programming and club items for club members. (Example: T-shirts, hat, or water bottle type items, clinics (swim or tri), post brick picnics, fall club activity).
- After benchmarking other clubs in the area, we have found FAST's dues are substantially cheaper and we try to provide more value to our members.
- Please attend the meeting to offer your input on the dues increase and how you would like to see the club spend its (your) money.
- 2012 Budget.
- Review, modify, and approve 2012 operating budget.
- 2012 Elections. (Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President _________ (open)
- VP Swimming, JD Birmelin, incumbent.
- VP Tri. ___________ (open)
- VP Cycling, Carol Feldmann, incumbent
- VP Marketing, ______ (open)
- Treasurer, Ken Gutowski, incumbent.
- Secretary, Crista Kunkel, incumbent.
- Webmaster, Lana Krolikowski, incumbent.
- Librarian, Karen Rosinski, incumbent.
- Newsletter, ________ (open)
We are accepting nominations for ALL positions. If you are interesting in more information on any of the positions please email me or a current officer for more information.
2012 Club Party.
- Please email Cheryl (email@example.com) and Melissa Kelber (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to help organize the club party
- Tentative Date: Saturday, January 24th.
- Need planners, donations for door prizes, volunteers for day of
- Schoolcraft Swims in December: December 3 and December 10 (holiday relays)
- Schoolcraft Swimming resumes in 2012 on Saturday, January 14
- Annual Fun New Years Day Swim (8 am at Livonia Y), 112 x 50s on various intervals to ring in 2012.
Urban Swim Initiative – Still taking Donations…Please bring to the FAST Membership Meeting
- Thank you FAST members & friends for the donations to date for the Detroit Urban Swim Initiative (USI). So far, we have collected 105 caps, 33 swimsuits, 69 pairs of goggles, 7 kick boards, 4 pairs of flip flops, 7 pull buoys, 5 water noodles, 11 swim bags, 6 towels, 5 pairs of fins, plus diver towels, paddles, and beach balls.
- Please consider sponsoring a swimmer and giving the gift of swim lessons for $65. Contact Nikole Saffle at the Boll Family YMCA (313) 309-9622.
- JD is still collecting donations of swim items. They are especially in need of swim suits for girls/boys.